Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Dragon Coasters©



















You will need:

H Hook
3-4 oz. yarn (here I used Aunt Lydia's Caress Microfiber in Light Yellow Green and Paton's Cotton Perle, 100% mercerised in cream.

Note: Use two strands of yarn throughout pattern.

Ch 4. Sl st in first ch to form a ring.

Round 1: Ch 1, 8 sc in ring, join with a sl st to previous round (8 st).

Round 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each st around, join with a sl st to previous round (16 st).

Round 3: 2 sc in next st, *sc in next st, 2 sc in next st. Repeat from * around, join with a sl st to previous round (24 st).

Round 4: Ch 1, sc in st, ch 3, skip next st. *Sc in next st, ch 3, skip next st. Repeat from * around. Join with sl st to previous round. Fasten off (if you choose to use another color).

Round 5: Join with a sc in any ch sp. Dc, ch 1, dc, sc in same sp. *Sc, dc, ch 1, dc, sc. Repeat from * around. Join to previous round. Finish off.

Copyright Dragonfaeriee Crochets! 2009. All Rights Reserved.

12 comments:

GraceLessAmanda said...

Cute coasters. I can't wait to make some for my mom. Thanks for the pattern!

dragonfaeriee said...

Thanks for the wonderful comment! I hope your Mom likes them!

Melissa said...

Cute coasters :)

MsIrene said...

Great pattern - worked up very quick. Used brown/yellow yarn (to look like Sunflowers). Will be a great added gift to a Garden Basket I am doing for my daughter.

Thanks much -

dragonfaeriee said...

Brown and Yellow! I think those will turn out great! Thanks!

Unknown said...

love these and the edge, allows you to use variations! - thanks

dragonfaeriee said...

Thank you! I have made many more with different colors and given them as gifts since they work up so quickly!

Anonymous said...

Love these coasters, I think I'll make them as squares for a scarf!!!!!

dragonfaeriee said...

As a scarf sounds fantastic! Please send a picture when it's complete! I would love to see it!

Ana said...

I just made your coasters and its beautiful! You rock!

Unknown said...

thanks for a fantastic pattern, I adapted it with smaller hook and thinner cotton and made emebellishements for my scrapbooking :)

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! Can't wait to try out the pattern for a hostess gift. She loves birds - I wonder if there is a way to incorporate little feathers into the border?